This Event Application must be submitted for any event or activity being organized by an SRJC department, organization, program, or student group. Event or Activity applications may be started by selecting the option, "Submit an Event Application".
This Event Application may also be used to reserve a meeting room by selecting the "Submit a Meeting room request" option below.
Minor changes or updates to existing applications can be made by selecting the "Submit changes to an existing Event Application" option below, but significant changes to an event may require a new Event Application submission. Leads may cancel a request by selecting the "Cancel an Event or Meeting" option below or by replying to the confirmation email for their original Event Application.
To ensure you have a safe, supported, and successful event, please review our events website: https://events.santarosa.edu.
All events are subject to the following policies:
- All events are subject to approval, which will depend on the completion of all applicable District processes and the availability of services and facilities.
- Confirmation of the event details by the District employee lead or advisor is required; Student Organizations: Please make sure your advisor responds to any inquires;
- Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to event date, however, 6 weeks is preferred so that you have ample time to promote your event;
- Applicants are asked to wait for approval before promoting or purchasing supplies for the event;
- Events are approved on a first come first serve basis and space is limited.
Hosting an event starts with these steps:
- Step 1: Find a District employee lead or advisor that agrees to be present for the event (including set up and clean up), take on liability for the event, and assist event planners in working through every step of the approval process.
- Step 1a: Review the Event Policies Website with the team planning your event, including the District employee lead or advisor listed on the application.
- Step 2: Complete and submit this Event application. Event applications must be submitted by least 3 weeks in advance of the event to be considered.
- Step 3: If requested, attend the Events Workgroup to answer questions from District Services as needed.
- Step 4: Events that expect a large attendance, that contain higher-risk activities, and events that include high profile members of our community may be subject to further review and approval by the President's Cabinet.
- Step 5: Receive written approval for your event. Please be sure to incorporate any feedback from the Events Workgroup.
- Step 6: Once approved, you may finalize your event planning by making purchases for your event and promoting your event to the general public.
While waiting for approval, there are next steps that event planners can work on, should they choose, including funding proposals. Use the checklist to guide your planning. Collaborating makes the event more successful, but the Events Workgroup requests you select a single District employee lead or advisor to streamline communications and coordination.
Who is the lead contact for this meeting? (SRJC Employee)*
Student Contact for Meeting*
If you are registering a multi-date event, list all dates and times above.
All events and meetings sponsored by an SRJC organization must be hosted on an SRJC Zoom Account. If you need assistance accessing an SRJC Zoom Account, please reach out to the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name of Student Representative in charge of the event*
Name of Lead Staff or Advisor in charge of the event*
Advisors must be a permanent employee of Sonoma County Junior College District. Generally, Advisors are expected to be in attendance at the Event for its full duration, but that responsibility may be shared with additional Support Staff/Advisors. Additional advisors or administrators may be required by the District depending on the risk and liability associated with a proposed event or activity.
All fundraisers require prior approval from the District; Departments, programs, employees of the college, students, and members of the public may not associate any fundraiser with Santa Rosa Junior College without prior approval.
All funds raised must be deposited in an account held within the Office of Student Life or the Sonoma County Junior College District.
For more information, visit our Event Policies website by clicking here.
Note: All vendors must submit an Off Campus Vendor Application form at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the date of service on campus, with exceptions made on a case by case basis. An application fee will required and shall be paid either in cash, a check made payable to SRJC, credit cards or debit cards. The fee requirements are as follows:
- No charge for 501(c)(3) organization with the exception of paid career recruiting, see #3 below.
- No charge for educational recruiting – please contact SRJC Transfer Center Transfer Center Administrative Assistant II at (707) 524-1660 with any questions.
- $25 per day for career recruiting – please contact SRJC Career Hub at workexperience.santarosa.edu or (707) 527-4329 with any questions.
- $75 per day or $250 for 4 days for either vendors who sell merchandise or vendors engaging in service based businesses, i.e., banks, phone companies, etc. - please contact SRJC Student Life at studentlife.santarosa.edu or (707) 527-4424 with any questions.
Events with vendors who sell merchandise or vendors engaging in service based businesses may request an exception to the $75 per day or $250 for 4 days requirement from Student Government Assembly (SGA). Please reach out to the SRJC Student Life at studentlife.santarosa.edu or (707) 527-4424 to request an exception.
All food served at an official SRJC event must be sourced from a commercial kitchen and served in a way that follows all food safety guidelines.
For more information on food policies, please visit our event policy website by clicking here.
JC Fresh Delights has first right of refusal for any catering services provided, which means they have the right to provide any catering services for events and activities on campus*. If you would like to utilize their catering services, please work directly with JC Fresh Delights to order food for your event.
If you plan to have food delivered or served by an alternative vendor as part of your event, you will need to request approval by sending a waiver to JC Fresh Delights Manager, Jenny Chhay, at (707) 503-9981 or email@example.com
*Clarification: JC Fresh Delights will waive its first right of refusal if they cannot match a similar product (like-for-like not based on perceived quality) catering quote within a five percent (5%) buffer.
ATTENTION: Based on your answer above, you will need to contact JC Fresh Delights Manager, Jenny Chhay, at (707) 503-9981 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food trucks require additional consideration and input from District Police to ensure they are safely located. Please submit this Facility Use Form when applying to have food trucks at your event. Certificate of Liability Insurance is required for Food Trucks on Campus.
- Must list Sonoma County Junior College District as Certificate Holder
- The ‘insured section of the certificate of insurance must list the vendor name exactly as it appears on this contract/agreement
- $1 million commercial general liability per occurrence and $3 million aggregate; $1 million automobile liability
- Sonoma County Junior College District must be named as additional insured
- The policy coverage period on the certificate must encompass the entire duration the food truck will be providing service on campus.
Promotion at SRJC
SRJC offers multiple ways to promote events to students and the college community, but it's up to the event leads to coordinate their plan for promotions ahead of their event. Below is a list of the most common ways that events are promoted at SRJC, and we encourage you to utilize as many as possible to ensure the word gets out about your event!
- Submit a flyer for the BearFacts eNewsletter
- Post to the MySRJCApp
- Post to social media
- Ask clubs or campus programs to promote your event on their social media pages
- Work with an advisor to send an email to all staff (DL.STAFF.ALL)
- Distribute posters and flyers for your event, and work with the Office of Student Life to get them posted on campus.
- Coordinate with your instructors to make in-class announcements about your event.
- Partner with instructors to encourage their students to attend by bringing classes, offering extra credit, or making it part of an assignment.
- Contact Public Relations for possible inclusion in social media and website
We encourage you to develop a poster or flyer to help advertise your event! If you create a poster or flyer later and would like to see it advertised in places like the Bearfacts eNewsletter or the SRJC event calendar, please email a PDF, JPG, or PNG of it to Zack Miranda at email@example.com.
If the Office of Student Life determines that this is a large impact event, additional approvals may be required. If you have any questions regarding this form or your event, please reach out to the Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.